Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Summary

By doing this research project on Polio I learned so much. I learned that polio is a dangerous disease that is contagious. It virtually eliminated people from the Western hemisphere in the second half of the 20th century. Nearly 60,000 cases with more than 3,000 deaths were reported in the United States alone. Im so happy I did this research project because I gained so much knowledge from this I found out that scientist an doctors are figuring out ways to limit the out brakes of polio all across the world. If the polio virus is imported into a country where not enough people have been immunized, there's the risk that it could spread from person to person. That's what has happened in some countries in Africa and Asia. So until it has been eliminated worldwide, it's important to continue vaccinating kids against polio. So hopefully by viewing my blog you can get a better understanding of Polio an I hope my blog has enlightened you all.

No comments: